What do you love most about your job?
The opportunity I have to positively shape an organisations future
What are the three things you couldn’t do your job without?
- Open minded individuals
What do you think makes a good Recruiter?
Someone that understands successfully hiring a candidate is just the beginning of the job not the end
Who has been your greatest influence?
Tanya Channing – Organisational Capability Director for WorldPay. Many people talk about being visionary but Tanya is one of the few people I have worked with that are actually visionary. Her creativity, ability to understand an organisation and where it wants to be and then translate that into tangible incremental improvements has hugely influenced my thinking and understanding of Organisational Development.
What are your tips for success?
- Practice what you preach (the saying, “Those that can’t do, teach” should not apply to you)
- Listen more than you speak and when you speak, make the words count
- Fully understand your organisations objectives, all your activities should in some way, support these aims
- Be more intelligent about learning delivery, don’t use technology for technologies sake, use it to enhance your offering and engage your audience
- Know your organisation, provide ‘time’ appropriate solutions that do not try to force it to run before it can walk, doing this can have disastrous consequences
- Most of all be authentic, don’t say or do what you think your boss or others want you to, have the courage to have an opinion and let this shape who you are and what you create.
What do you do after a stressful day?
Take it out on other people via my XBOX, a copy of Battlefield 4 and an internet connection